Vaping Without Nicotine
Many people take up vaping because they have a goal to cut out nicotine entirely. You might gradually lower your nicotine content down to the lowest possible and then stop all together, but is there a way that vaping without nicotine could be beneficial to you? The most important questions would be; Is it safe? And is it worthwhile?
We generally associate vaping with ex-smokers but it’s not all about nicotine. Many people just enjoy vaping for the experience, sampling new and exciting flavours and cloud chasing. If you have cut all nicotine out but still enjoy these things about vaping, why not carry on without nicotine?
Whilst we can’t say for sure that vaping without nicotine is completely harmless, we can say that vaping is far less damaging than smoking, with or without nicotine. Cutting out nicotine from your e liquid will have an initial effect of withdrawal from the addictive chemical. Side effects could include:
Headaches and dizziness
If you have gradually reduced the amount of nicotine in your e liquid over time to the minimum possible, these effects should be more manageable.
So why would you want to carry on vaping after you’ve cut out nicotine completely? Below are a few reasons that explain why some people find it beneficial to keep vaping without.
- Keep the familiar feeling of inhaling something. Psychologically, this could help keep your craving for nicotine at bay.
- Get a smoother vaping experience. If you want to keep vaping purely for the flavour and because you enjoy it, cutting out nicotine can reduce harshness from your e liquid.
- Nicotine free liquids are non-toxic. It’s always better to vape nicotine free products. Without the addictive chemical, e liquid is just VG, PG and flavour concentrates, all of which are commonly used in food production.
- Increased vapour production.
- Better flavour experience. If you love strong flavour, vaping without nicotine will effectively remove the extra content that is diluting your e-liquid, giving you a more intense flavour.
In conclusion, even if you are using a 0mg e-liquid, vaping can still be a good way to keep cravings at bay and keep doing something you enjoy with much less risk to your health. if you are thinking of kicking the nicotine to the curb entirely, make sure you think about what effect this could have if you are going cold turkey without gradually reducing your nicotine content.
We hope this blog helps clear up some questions about vaping without nicotine. For more news, tips and tricks from the DarkStar team, check out the rest of our blog.